Ionic designs and builds automated medical device assembly and test systems for new applications or for integration into existing work environments. Our depth of expertise in automating solutions offers an advantage to creating innovative approaches to medical applications. Offering stand-alone stations or fully integrated systems for device feeding, assembly and inspection, our professional staff deliver turnkey solutions to your facility
A MagneMover intelligent, high-speed transport system transports the syringe components through the assembly operations.
Each precision pallet carries multiple syringes. The intelligent pallet positioning capabilities allows the pallet to be stopped multiple times at stations requiring less processing time and stopped fewer times at stations requiring longer processing times. This results in greater system flexibility and higher equipment utilization at each of the processing stations
· Automatic feeding and assembly for barrels, plungers, plunger tips and filter pros
· Dedicated silicone and heparin dispensing operations
· Heparin curing via custom oven
· Various component and process verifications including:
· Part type and barrel occlusion identification
· Verify plunger actuation force, set and verify plunger height
Assembled syringes are transported to an automated thermo-forming station where they are loaded with patient labels, into formed pockets for individual packaging
The Thermo-former is equipped with a printer. The print is applied to the backing of the package before the separation of packages. Individually packaged syringes are loaded into boxes by a six axis robot
· Required Cycle Time - 120 parts per minute (0.5s per part)
· Part Types - 2
· Silicone Dispense Specification - Heated and dispensed at milligram control
· Heparin Dispense Specification - Includes bubble and even spraying detection at milligram control
The system includes a sampling mode that allows correlation and calibration operations to be completed on both the Silicone and Heparin dispensing operations
Illustrates an example of the Bedside Medical Device Assembly line engineered by Ionic Automation
Ionic Automation customers require solutions similar to existing manufacturing systems, but updated with new technologies that provide real improvements to the existing processes
The assembly process includes high-precision, vision-guided assembly.
The vision-guided assembly tolerances of 0.05 mm were achieved in 3 axes within the required 1.3 second cycle time.
Various part transfer technologies were utilized to accommodate diverse processes including corona surface treatment and multi-up pressing
The system includes several vision inspection operations as well as full part tracking and MES capabilities
· Vision Guided Assembly - 0.02mm accuracy (X\Y), 0.016mm (skew) to a cpk of 1.33
· Required Cycle Time - 1.3s
· Part Types - 7
· Full Part Data Tracking Provided - from Part Introduction to Offload
· Customer MES Communication Provided
· Includes Multiple Vision Operations Completing Various Inspection and Assembly Guidance Tasks (this includes closed loop data feedback to prevent process drift)
We design and/or build a wide range of medical device assembly and test systems:
Ionic can help you:
165 Vondrau Drive. Cambridge, Ontario
Copyright © 2022 Ionic Automation - All Rights Reserved.